Monday, January 2, 2012

Family News Album



While cleaning the office, I realized what a gem I have in our old Holiday letters.  I've saved each one, in those years I actually managed to get one written, and I find it interesting to see how dramatically the style has changed, as technology also evolved, and my available time to throw the letter together!.  I've started work on preparing a proper display notebook containing these letters, which ultimately records our family history, as documented in holiday letters and a few other nostalgia.  For right now, I've simply started an old 3-ring binder and some clear acetate protector sheets, and loaded in the letters in chronological order.  I'm still missing a few years, and I'm sure there is a nice crafty way to dress up the cover for this valuable compendium. - Any suggestions or ideas?
 So here’s my tip number one….it doesn’t have to be a traditional Christmas letter, but once a year, or some other regular time interval, it is good to spend a few moments looking back, and documenting how far you’ve come.  It’s important to live in the present, and to have an open mind and ready spirit for what the future holds.  However, it is also a good thing to recognize and celebrate your accomplishments and progress.  
  I hope to create a nice memorial book for my grandchildren to read through so that they know a little about what my life was like.  I know that I enjoy reading details about what it was like for my own parents and grandparents, when they travelled through the paths of their lives.
   I've found a few other interesting letters, and documents that I think will end up in this same album, as well as a few ads that detail favorite annual events that our family has enjoyed. In effect, it is an instant scrapbook but easy enough for anyone to do, even the busiest of moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment